Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Waving goodbye to America as I knew it. Pt. 1

I sit here today a stranger in a strange land. This is a difficult situation for anyone, anywhere, made worse I think, by the fact that I am in my house, in my country. Still it is true. I look around each day and wonder who are those people in D.C. (the capitol), where did the professors at our universities come from, why is 90% of all entertainment,(t.v. , movies and music) purely and simply garbage? Not just trash, much of it seems to be designed to undermine, ridicule, or erase everything that made this country great in the first place. At the universities the young people are fed a steady dose of anti-American propaganda that would make Joseph Stalin, Osama bin laden, Mao Zedong, and Mahmoud Ahmadinegad proud. If you don't know who those people are you are an example of our pitiful education system, or simply too busy living out the I've gotta have it now American shopper mentality.
That leads me to another observation, everyone is in debt. It didn't used to be this way. In today's America the average family debt includes; mortgage on home, loans on 1 sometimes 2 autos, various credit cards with cumulative balances around 9,000 dollars, and many families have loans on things like RVs or other recreational toys. Contrast that with our grandparents generation, the people that survived the depression, fought and won, world war 2. They did not like debt, They saved money and made a down payment on their home. If they had 2 cars one was a paid off used car. If they used credit cards at all they usually paid them off monthly. I almost forgot, get this, they had money in the bank!

No comments: